Thursday, May 19, 2011

Chiron Bridging Past to Future: the Freeing of Forethought

It is the time to yell, “I shall give the world what I long for! I shall build the future I wanted the past to have been!”
 This is the fifth installment in a series looking in depth at the outer planets all playing significant roles in challenging aspects over this summer. This series is not intended to justify difficulties but to give insight in putting these often challenging issues to work for greater fulfillment and a happier life.
 
I release the sorrows of past and limitations of present into a greater understanding of the future that I usher in. I stand as a bridge between experience and a coming world. I stand on the edge of twilight marrying the night unto the Dawn.
 
Chiron is the most used member of a series of planetary bodies (never actually considered astronomically a planet) called Centaurs. The centaurs have radically unusual orbits, crossing the orbital paths of multiple planets. In this Centaurs represent a sort of “bridge” between the energetic vibrations of the planets they cross.
Chiron takes on particular significance right now because it crosses the paths of Uranus (revolutionary change, I deals, the march of progress, opening to new ideas) and Saturn (limitations, order, economics, the law), which are playing in a shoving contest in opposition all summer.
Chiron was the most civilized of the Centaurs in mythology. A son of Saturn himself, Chiron was able, unlike his fellow Centaurs, to control his wild nature and became a great teacher and healer, and was the Mentor of the Hero Hercules. Chiron, as the son of Saturn was an immortal who could not die. When Chiron was smote with a poison arrow, he was doomed to suffer the pangs of death eternally. He willingly took the place of Prometheus, who was chained to a rock and his liver devoured daily. Prometheus had been consigned that fate for saving humanity by giving them fire.
Prometheus literally translates as fore-thought.
Thus the understanding of the energy of Chiron is that he takes the limitations of Saturn, our personal pains, and transmutes them into understanding, therefore freeing forethought and extending that understanding to the big picture.
When the mother of a murdered child creates a movement to protect children she is activating Chiron, thus bridging the gap between Saturn and Uranus, bringing the lessons of the past into the future, transmuting a pain into a positive.
Chiron represents more than any other body the ability to translate experience into positive choice.
Now is the time to turn pain into progress, not by dwelling on the pain, but simply on building the solutions, by understanding what hurts. 

It is the time to yell, “I shall give the world what I long for! I shall build the future I wanted the past to have been!”

I release the sorrows of past and limitations of present into a greater understanding of the future that I usher in. I stand as a bridge between experience and a coming world. I stand on the edge of twilight marrying the night unto the Dawn.

Appointments in Portland Oregon, or Worldwide on Skype through paypal: rebelastrologer@gmail.com
follow us on Twitter: @rebelastrologer

No comments: