Friday, June 3, 2011

Masculinity and Femininity the Love affair of the Self

It is a push and pull, desire and drive.  
I open my heart to the full healthy potential of my being.  I love the strength of my femininity.  I Love the sensitivity my masculinity can express.
Another Feminine Characteristic/Asteroid: Vesta
In order to be a whole person healthy and happy we need a balanced Mars and balanced Venus.  We need a balanced Jupiter and indeed the powers of the asteroids(which like Venus correspond to things historically viewed as feminine).  It is a mistake that is frequently made to believe that embracing masculinity is rejecting vulnerability, likewise embracing Femininity is not a sacrifice of self nor an embracing of helplessness. 
Femininity teaches us to negotiate, to be be the arbitrators of common need.  The image of a housewife haggling with a fish monger is neither one of weakness nor self sacrifice, but does in fact take a degree of understanding of others from a strong place of  power.  Both Venus and Juno can be observed in this interaction.
Like I have observed previously, healthy masculinity is dependent on a strong sense of femininity, and likewise without a strong masculinity femininity can not operate.  It is  not a matter of male and female.  It is a matter of life as conversation, when all we do is speak, our speech is ineffective.  When all we do is listen, then we get nothing.  
It is a push and pull, desire and drive.  
I open my heart to the full healthy potential of my being.  I love the strength of my femininity.  I Love the sensitivity my masculinity can express.

 

 

Appointments with your Rebel Astrologer, A. Drobny are available in Portland Oregon, or Worldwide on Skype (Or Phone or IM) through paypal to contact email: rebelastrologer@gmail.com
follow us on Twitter: @rebelastrologer

No comments: